Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

KarTer Kake Gallery

Here I go.......the start of my cake blog. The title of my blog was inspired by my friend Teresa. I have been decorating cakes since I was 15 years old at the Meijer Bakery (my very first job). It has been a passion of mine ever since. I love to make my kids' cakes for their birthday. I have always enjoyed it. I met Teresa in 2005 through our sons being in three-school together. Little did I know, our friendship would bloom into what it has! First she taught me how to scrapbook.........the fun way. Now just boring white backgrounds with a few stickers thrown here and there. She taught me how to use ribbon, embellishments, the whole nine yards. That became our thing. We loved scrapbooking together. Later Teresa developed a passion for cake decorating on her own. She sometimes would ask me some cake decorating tips and I would share with her. In these last few months, she developed a passion to decorate fondant cakes. Something I wanted to stay away from. The thought of it always intimidated me. Well.........she kind of lured me into it when I helped her make a Christmas cake one day. I absolutely fell in love with it. I mentioned that we should have a little cake business together, but since she's moving to Boston this next week, I decided to name my blog in her honor. This is the name I would give our business if it turned into a success. Now everytime I make a cake, I will think of our precious friendship. No matter how far apart we live, our friendship will never distance us.

2 comments:

  1. Karen~You are such an amazingly talented and beautiful (inside and outside!) woman and I know God has great things in store for you in life and in the cake decorating world. Your work is awesome!! You've touched my life more than you'll ever, ever know my friend and meeting you was one of the best things that could have ever happened to me! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.~I'd LOVE to help you with your blog...the easy thing might be to give me your password and I'll get it all fixed up for you and surprise you and then of course you can change anything you want to. I'll get all your pics from FB. Let me know if that's ok w/ you.

    ReplyDelete